The Camp Recovery Center provides holistic addiction support to our clients by incorporating the Conscious Recovery method into our residential and outpatient programming. Adolescent and adult clients who seek care at our addiction recovery center in Scotts Valley, California, can achieve long-lasting sobriety through the guiding principles of Conscious Recovery.
Overview of Conscious Recovery
Get an overview of the Conscious Recovery method at The Camp Recovery Center in Scotts Valley, CA
At The Camp Recovery Center, our expert team has helped countless adolescents and adults get to the root of their struggles with addiction and co-occurring mental health challenges. We provide care that fosters personal transformation from a holistic level, working closely with each client to help them heal their mind, body, and spirit.
As a part of the personalized care we offer each client who seeks support at our recovery center in Scotts Valley, California, we incorporate various evidence-based treatment modalities into our clinical programming. The Conscious Recovery method is among the treatment modalities we use to guide our clients through the recovery process. This method consists of a 12-week curriculum that helps participants connect with their authentic selves and identify the root causes of their addiction challenges.
The key principles of Conscious Recovery include:
- Underneath all addictive behavior is an essential self that is whole and perfect.
- The addiction itself has never been the "problem," but was a strategy that has lost its effectiveness.
- Treating addiction must go beyond addressing symptoms and get down to the underlying root-causes of destructive behavior.
- The root-causes of addictive behavior are unresolved trauma, spiritual disconnection, and toxic shame.
- There is a pathway to permanent freedom through the adoption of spiritual practices and principles.
By taking part in targeted process groups that use the guiding principles of Conscious Recovery, you or your loved one can discover your pathway to healing and recovery. We incorporate Conscious Recovery into the residential and intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) at The Camp Recovery Center through highly interactive group therapy sessions that address many different learning styles.
As a part of the Conscious Recovery philosophy, we train our clinicians to hold space for every client as whole people, not broken individuals who need “to be fixed” because of their struggles with addiction and coexisting mental health concerns. We find that this outlook helps energize both our clients and clinicians throughout the therapeutic process and makes it much more likely that our clients experience long-term success.
Features of Conscious Recovery
Learn about the features of the Conscious Recovery method at The Camp Recovery Center in Scotts Valley, CA
The Conscious Recovery method at The Camp Recovery Center consists of 12 weeks of interactive group therapy and individual spiritual counseling sessions. We integrate Conscious Recovery services into the clinical programming at our recovery center in Scotts Valley, California, so that you or your loved one can continue to participate in our residential or intensive outpatient programming while also engaging in Conscious Recovery sessions.
The Conscious Recovery residential curriculum will help you connect with your authentic self and identify ways to change the destructive patterns that have created barriers to your wellness:
- Week 1: Authenticity – Learn how to live more authentically and make deeper connections with yourself and others.
- Week 2: Perspective – Get outside your own perspective and identify how to see situations from different points of view.
- Week 3: Conflict – Recognize which conditions might lead to conflict and discover healthier ways to manage your emotions.
- Week 4: Recovery Rocks – Explore and release negative core-false-beliefs that can lead to shame and addictive behavior.
- Week 5: Communication – Understand the four communication styles: aggressive, passive, passive-aggressive, and authentic.
- Week 6: Change – See change as a positive tool to shift your life path.
- Week 7: Self-Love and Acceptance – Gain techniques to dismantle negative self-talk and move into self-love.
- Week 8: Relapse Triggers – Accept the possibility that no outside influence has the power to cause relapse.
- Week 9: Balance – Experience a holistic balance in recovery through the lens of four rooms: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
- Week 10: Letting Go – Find peace through forgiveness, including a powerful and interactive forgiveness process.
- Week 11: Gratitude – Explore the practice of gratitude in everyday living through interactive and dynamic group processes.
- Week 12: Finding Purpose – Learn techniques for letting go of false beliefs and uncovering their deeper meaning and purpose in your life.
The Conscious Recovery outpatient curriculum guides you or your loved one on a path toward a stronger spiritual connection:
- Week 1: Conscious Recovery Overview and Lecture – An Introduction to the 12-Week Curriculum
- Week 2: The Spiritual Lens – Wholeness and Perfection, The Four Aspects of Being, What is the Spiritual Lens?, and Holistic and Integrated Recovery
- Week 3: The Addicted Self – The Outer-Focused Life, Cultural Influences, Core False Beliefs, and Brilliant Strategies
- Week 4: Unresolved Trauma – The Domestication of the Human, Trauma (Physical, Mental, Emotional, Spiritual, and Vicarious), and Consequences of Unresolved Trauma
- Week 5: Spiritual Disconnection – What is Spiritual Disconnection?, Attachment Theory, Unconscious Patterns, and A New Way of Being
- Week 6: Toxic Shame – What is Toxic Shame?, Guilt Versus Shame, Victim Consciousness, and Bringing Shame Into the Light
- Week 7: Creating Safety – Internal Versus External Safety, Self-Love and Acceptance, Maintaining an Open Heart, Rebuilding Trust, and the Importance of Community
- Week 8: Unlearning – Living Beyond Your Stories, Evidence or Conclusion?, Self-Parenting, and Integrating the Shadow
- Week 9: Practicing Spiritual Principles – Non-Resistance/Non-Judgment, Presence/Mindfulness, Living in the Question, and Making Peace With Impermanence
- Week 10: Owning Your Power – The Powers of Perception, Forgiveness, Authenticity, and Gratitude
- Week 11: The Great Remembering – Letting Go, Making U-Turns, Embracing Love, and Inner and Outer Connection
- Week 12: Awakened Living – Finding Purpose and Freedom, Choosing Peace and Happiness, and Awakening Into Service
History of Conscious Recovery
Discover the history of the Conscious Recovery method offered at The Camp Recovery Center in Scotts Valley, CA
Conscious Recovery was launched in 2017 by TJ Woodward, an addiction treatment consultant, inspirational speaker, and best-selling author. Woodward has been helping people achieve successful, long-lasting sobriety for more than 30 years. He published Conscious Being: Awakening to Your True Nature in 2015 and Conscious Recovery: A Fresh Perspective on Addiction in 2017. The Conscious Recovery method is a result of Woodward’s personal journey with recovery combined with his decades of experience working with others to transform their lives.