The Camp’s detox services allow adolescents & adults struggling with oxycodone addiction to safely remove the substance from their bodies. Located near Scotts Valley & San Jose, CA, The Camp provides premier substance abuse rehabilitation.
Why Detox from Oxycodone at The Camp Recovery Center
Oxycodone is a potent opioid that can be found in numerous prescription painkillers including OxyContin and Percocet. While this medication is very effective in supplying relief for many individuals, it also has the potential to lead to abuse and addiction. When consumed on its own or in medications that contain a combination of ingredients, oxycodone can bring about pleasing effects that can be enticing to users, both those who need it for a medical purpose, and those who desire it for recreational reasons.
As an individual starts to use oxycodone, he or she can quickly begin to develop a tolerance to it as his or her body becomes used to its presence and then requires more of it to bring on the desired effects. As the individual starts to take more and more oxycodone, or begins consuming it more often, his or her body can start to depend on the substance. In response, the body is unable to function in the same manner it used to without the presence of oxycodone. Attending detox at a rehab center is often needed when this type of dependency has been established, because when the individual attempts to stop the use of oxycodone, he or she will likely experience withdrawal.
What Happens During Oxycodone Withdrawal
Withdrawal occurs when the body works to adjust itself to how it used to function prior to the introduction of oxycodone. This can be a very painful process, and at times, even dangerous. Some of the possible symptoms that one can develop when experiencing withdrawal from oxycodone can include the following:
- Extreme cravings
- Abdominal cramping
These are just a few of the possible side effects that can occur at the time of withdrawal from oxycodone.
Since the withdrawal symptoms one can suffer from can be painful and uncomfortable, many individuals look to find relief in any way they can so they can stop the physical and psychological effects they are experiencing. One method of doing so is consuming oxycodone once more, which then adds to the continued cycle of addiction and abuse.
Oxycodone Detoxification at The Camp Recovery Center
Individuals can prevent continuing their oxycodone use to decrease symptoms of withdrawal by partaking in detoxification, or detox, services. This is a physiological process where toxic substances are removed from the body. By engaging in detox at a top-level rehab center, individuals can have oxycodone cleared from their systems without having to experience the same symptoms that would otherwise occur during the period of withdrawal.
At The Camp, we work hard to make sure the process of detox is as comfortable as possible. We understand the courage that it takes to engage in detox, and we commend those who show the strength to do so.
Our detox is comprehensive and offers individuals 24/7 nursing care and continual interactions with our medical team during their time spent in detox. The medical professionals at The Camp do everything within their power to make sure the patient is safe and comfortable, which can sometimes include utilizing specific medications that are able to decrease any upset or pain.
At the time of finishing detox, individuals are able to move seamlessly into our residential rehab treatment program for oxycodone addiction where they can begin to develop the skills needed to maintain their sobriety long-term. Our treatment center is conveniently located near the Santa Cruz & San Jose, CA areas.
Long-Term Benefits of Oxycodone Detox
There are a handful of benefits to choosing to participate in detox prior to rehab. Detox is one step towards recovering from an addiction to oxycodone. Some of these benefits can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Continuity: When an individual finishes detox at The Camp, he or she can transition directly into the next level of care for his or her addiction to oxycodone. This continuity of care increases the chances that the individual will have a successful experience in treatment and will obtain a solid stance in recovery.
- Security: Individuals will be unable to access any substances of abuse while they are obtaining detox at The Camp, which eliminates the possibility that they will give into their cravings and experience a relapse into oxycodone abuse before finishing out detox.
- Comfort: The medically supervised oxycodone detox program at The Camp offers specific prescription medications that can lessen the painful symptoms of withdrawal, which helps patients end their oxycodone abuse with less pain than they would suffer otherwise.
- Safety: Oxycodone withdrawal is typically not a dangerous experience, however, complications can arise. Our professionals are prepared to respond to any issues in a manner that safeguards the health and safety of all patients detoxing at The Camp.
- Community: The many individuals who are in the process of recovery worldwide form a close-knit community that can be a source of continued support for those individuals who are recovering from oxycodone addiction. While detoxing, an individual can begin to make meaningful connections within this community, and can develop an understanding of the value of offering and obtaining support from others who are experiencing similar challenges.
- Therapeutic support: In addition to offering medications, our team of detox professionals are able to help patients manage the pain they are having through a number of therapeutic interventions. The skills we established during detox can also be effective at the time of treatment, as well as after the individual finishes care and goes home.
At The Camp, we realize the importance of making the decision to obtain detox at the start of one’s rehab journey. We also believe that an individual should not be defined by his or her addiction, which is why we work to offer personalized rehab programming options that address each individual where he or she is at in recovery. By taking this approach, each patient in our care can feel confident that he or she will establish success in recovery.
If you or a loved one is struggling with an addiction to oxycodone and want to learn more about the detox services we offer at our rehab center, or have questions about any other areas of our programming, please contact us today.